Saturday, June 7, 2008

Baby-proofing? No price is too great.

Sherriann and I went to a company party last night that ServiceNet hosted at Caesars Indiana. I had a great time putting faces to all the names she has talked about over the past few months. And, Isabel? Well, she had fun staying with our neighbor. for a few hours. Thx Jill!!! Matter of fact, this was the first time Sherri and I had gone out as a couple since Isabel was born. Remember, Isabel will be six months old of Monday.

We got home before the 11 o'clock news and went to bed exhausted. Alas, I didn't wake up in time to take Isabel to the baby contest at Down Home Days. I was really hoping to get there to see some of the people who've emailed me about the Down Home videos I made last year. Well, maybe tomorrow.

Sherri's out today getting her hair and nails done while I take care of Isabel for the day. Isabel just finished off another 6-ounces and has crashed for a few minutes. Holly is overseeing the baby while I make this post. Well, maybe Holly's more interested in giving herself a bath. Regardless, she's in charge for the moment. Thx, Holly.

I had a great time meeting Sherri's colleagues. But it seemed like every time the conversation with me turned to the question, "How old is Isabel?", the answer led the parents in the conversation to ask this "Hello - my name is ROOKIE DAD" name tag wearer , "So, have you baby-proofed your house?" Over and over this question came up. I got to the point of saying, "We'll get to it by the time she's four-years-old."

I guess this is why I sat down to do some web searches on the topic. One of the first hits that I found useful was from the National Safety Council. Anyone else have some 'serious' baby-proofing suggestions for this Rookie Dad? I'd hate for anything bad to happen to this precious girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment