Friday, September 26, 2008

IF 2008

Tonight I attended the 2008 Idea Festival Awards Banquet in Louisville, Kentucky.  While my school did not win the Student Technology Leadership Award for our student-created school-based web site, another local school was honored for the creation of a high school help desk.  Sharon Shrout, Director of Computer Education Support for Jefferson County Public Schools, was awarded the Women in Technology award for integrating technology into teaching. The Education Award went to JCPS Project Science Math and the Right Technology (SMART) for helping teenage mothers excel in math, science and computer science courses.

Read more about the 3rd annual Idea Festival knows as IF 2008.

Tomorrow is Sherriann's birthday.  We will spend the early part of Saturday with my brother Alan and his family in Frankfort before traveling to Lexington for the Kentucky Wildcats versus Western Kentucky Hilltoppers football game.  Alan's daughter will babysit Isabel.  Guess I'll be one of the few that cheer for WKU, as I earned my first Masters degree at the Bowling Green campus over 10 years ago.

While I was at IF 2008, Sherriann and Isabel went on a huge shopping spree at the outlet malls in southern Indiana with Nicole and Kayla.  I haven't had time to see all the new clothes Isabel bought, but I'm sure they are all very cute.

Don't forget to wish Sherriann a Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment